Reports to: VP Business Development & Marketing
Status: Salary Exempt
Salary: Depending on experience ($60-65K + annual bonus)
Location: Torrington, CT
The position entails working with new and existing customers to develop account-gaining strategies and work with the product development team to close business successfully. The individual will research and understand the customer needs to determine and guide the overall business and technical solution. The individual is responsible to respond in-depth to customer questions and inquiries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceptualize and communicate how the company’s products and services provide solutions to customers and prospects.
- Design and deliver product presentations based on the necessities and competitive sales condition.
- Perform customer needs assessments and solution finding sessions.
- Review customer operations for improving business process opportunities.
- Develop project scope and quotes for prospective clients. Provide updates to customers as pricing changes.
- Understand product capability or functionality gaps to recommend product enhancements, partners, fulfillment solutions, etc.
- Develop and maintain account overview details and review actively with internal teams.
- Develop and maintain business and client contact information within the internal CRM for internal sharing purposes.
- Request and coordinate internal and external resources required to support individual sales efforts.
- Coordinates meetings between customer and product development for specific technical requests.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the company products, functions, features and benefits.
- Provide working knowledge of customer products to the PD&E team when required.
- Coordinate getting final product photography/video and installation details as needed for the customer as well as marketing purposes to highlight the distinguishing features of a product.
- Participate and follow consumer user groups and industry associations.
- Participating at conferences, tradeshows, and other events as required by Sales Management and Product Marketing.
- Ability to assist with other tasks when needed
Education & Qualifications
- Experience in the recreational boating industry.
- Expert knowledge and good understanding of distribution, supply chain, manufacturing business issues.
- Proven success-presenting technology as business solution.
- Proven success selling in complicated sales surroundings with business buyers.
- Able to make effective presentations or demonstrations in time constrained situations.
- Able to prioritize the work in multi-tasking environment.
- Able to meet tight deadlines, follow up on commitments, and take disciplinary action wherever appropriate.
- Strong selling and sales aptitude.
- Effective verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel as necessary (25-30% of the time).
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Degree in business related fields preferred
Computer, telephone, smartphone, Microsoft Office, Excel
1) The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the classification. They reflect the essential elements and general responsibilities of the position but are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
2) The performance of all essential functions listed is subject to reasonable accommodation in accordance with the American Disabilities Act.
To apply, send by fax, mail or email a cover letter and resume information:
Commercial Sewing, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
65 Grant Street
Torrington, CT 06790
Qualified candidates need apply
Commercial Sewing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Commercial Sewing, Inc. is committed to inclusion and diversity, and embraces all qualified applicants with varied perspectives and backgrounds. If you are a US applicant with a qualified disability or are a disabled veteran, you can request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability.
Commercial Sewing, Inc. is a drug-free workplace.
Commercial Sewing, Inc. uses E-Verify program as required by law. http://www.dhs.gov/E-Verify. Commercial Sewing, Inc. offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package that includes health, dental, life insurance, 401k Retirement plan, paid vacation and additional benefits.